THE FIRST AND
ONLINE PUBLIC SCHOOL
With more than a decade of experience, ECOT gives Ohio students the best curriculum, technology, and teachers available online today. And it shows in ECOT’s results: over 6,000 students have graduated from ECOT and enrollment grows significantly every year.
Since beginning in 2000, ECOT, the Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow, has provided a tuition-free, fully accredited online public school education to students throughout Ohio.
- Students must be between 5 years old and 21 years old at the beginning of the school year, and a resident of Ohio.
- Like all public school students in Ohio, ECOT students are expected to complete schoolwork for 25 hours per week during the school year. However, unlike traditional school classrooms, students may attend ECOT online at their convenience and on their own schedule.
- Like all public schools, ECOT students are required to take the state achievement tests prescribed by law. Students are required to pass the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) to receive a high school diploma.
ECOT provides a great education and school experience to students who don’t fit into the traditional classroom setting. All kinds of students attend our school:
- Students with Jobs
- Students with Medical Issues
- Professional Athletes and Musicians
- Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Bullied Students
- Students Wanting to Eliminate the Distractions of the Traditional Classrooms
- Advanced Students Needing a Challenge
- Students Needing to Change Schools Mid-year
ECOT is fully accredited by AdvanceED and the North Central Association (NCA), and is a member of the Ohio Coalition for Quality Education. ECOT is sponsored by the Educational Service Center of Lake Erie West (formerly Lucas County ESC) in Toledo, in accordance with chapter 3314 of the Ohio Revised Code.
Students perform schoolwork on their own computers, or the computers supplied to them by the school, at no cost. Lessons are taught online via a high-speed, secure Intranet connection to the ECOT server. Students using the ECOT-supplied computer will not be able to surf to unauthorized sites on the Internet.
Much like a traditional public school district, ECOT’s students attend one of three school divisions and each division is supervised by a principal.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO